“When I’m stuck for a closing to a lyric, I will drag out my last resort: overwhelming illogic.”~ David Bowie
As I continue on this new adventure from my new lease on life, I had stopped to think about the song writer. I was searching for the perfect lyric and wasn’t really able to come up with anything that made a profound impact to what I was trying to say.
My daring search though has led me to this write this blog post. The deadly and suicidal song lyrics.
Don’t know what I am talking about?!?!? I shall explain.
I was searching for perfection. And after a few days I realized that I was not going to find it. I settled then for 90% perfect. But I was still not finding it. I reduced it back to 80% and then to 75% and then, and ONLY then, was I able to find something that fit what my point was all along, but only about 80% of the song lyrics.
- I bleed for you Forever I will lie awake I would die for you! Anyone already see the problem? Willing to die for someone. Which of course throughout humanity, has been the most noble and apparently “romantic” thing to do. But I have never really found much romance in death. People say that I’m blind. But once you are dead… YOU ARE DEAD! And the romance is OVER!!!
- And thought my aim is true I sometimes miss the mark Ooh, in matters of the heart But I’d give my life tonight To hold you in my arms again. Again another song that offers that lover’s suicide to “just hold his love” in his arms one more time. MORON!!!! If you are dead- you are no longer going to hold her in your arms any more. You are not going to have the opportunity to hold her again and again and again. So by morning you’re dead, your lover is single, and she begins to look for someone ELSE who isn’t you…. because you chose to die. (Personal note: I was able to convince my ex-girlfriend that one of these guys was actually a chick. But that’s for another time)
- With my heart I give you everything Everything you ever need, everything you need to be strong In my mind I can justify why I never tell a lie ‘Cos you’re the only one that I want, that I want, I want Want, want, want, want. What about what the other person ? Maybe its NOT you that they need or want?? Why so desperate?
- If I could take your pain away I would scream for you And I’d bleed for you So you’ll never feel this way again When you’re in my arms, again I would scream for you I will bleed for you More blood. More guts. And not so much glory. Besides, if YOU are bleeding and screaming and carrying on.. do you think SHE is going to want you still? Maybe you can handle her screams and bleeding. And yes, I get it — the noble act of taking away someone’s pain, but inflicting it upon yourself? Really???
- I know what Heaven’s worth So I’d sell everything To hold and touch you So now you’re so desperate to get physical that you’re willing to sell everything you have just to have it. Besides, what IS the value or worth or price of Heaven? And does it sell by the pound or what?
Only examples, ladies and gentlemen. Some that really got under my skin while I was looking for “the perfect lyric.”
Long story short, it doesn’t really exist.
But in a world that began so long ago with dedications over the radio, BE CAREFUL WHAT SONG YOU CHOSE!!! You just may be paying for it with your own life in the end.