Check this out!
I received a notice today that I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award.
It was totally unexpected. And I have seen blog awards around but had no idea how in the world one receives them or wins them or whatever.
But here I am with MY FIRST nomination.
First off, thank you to the person who nominated me. The fine author over at:
So I was given ten questions to answer. And I had to answer them all for the first part. And here we go. Get your tissues and put on your big person’s undies:
1. What is the single most amazing thing you have ever tasted in your entire life? I want details people! There is this hamburger join on U.S. Highway 160 inside the city limits of Coldwater, Kansas. Their hamburgers are quite divine. But since I left the state over ten years ago, and my parents are no longer living along that route, I’ve never been back. And I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place.
2. If there is one moment you could relive in your life, what would it be and why? The night that I manhandled Céline Dion’s ass………… and lived!! It was prior to her American fame exploding with “Beauty and the Beast.” I think that given that if you know who I am, the why is self-explanatory.
3. What is the one thing you have never tried, are beyond scared to, but want to accomplish before they put you in the ground? I’ve wanted to travel to as many European countries as possible. PBS is the devil!! But I jest. I’m afraid though that I will never make it.
4. Worst date you’ve ever been on? The worst date I have ever been on, was a blind date with a woman that drove 3 hours across the state to hang out with me. Our expectations were far different than one another for the night. And only after two drinks, she admitted that the male roommate that she had was in fact her boyfriend. But she wasn’t happy with him at that time. And because I wasn’t getting what I was wanting, coupled with that new piece of information, I insisted she take me home. I didn’t even bother with the formalities at the end, I slammed her car door and went running inside of the house. Only to find out that she had been arrested trying to go back home. She was swerving on the highway due to fatigue and the cop noticed something and searched her car. Her entire trunk was full of drugs. Thankfully I was gone at that point. But all the promises of desire and longing were a bunch of crap. I fell for it. Something changed her mind and I never knew what. Now she’s sitting in a woman’s prison for 25.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? If you’re already grown up, what did you want to be when you were growing up? I had switched “careers” throughout my childhood and young adulthood. I wanted to be so many different things that it depends on what year of age I was. It changed every year. The last time I thought about it, I wanted to be a Sign Language Interpreter. But that never worked out for me.
6. What is your guilty pleasure? Cottage cheese. Shut up! Next question.
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why? Nikki Lynn to begin with. I love her to pieces and would do anything and sacrifice whatever I had for her. Others such as Jodi Ambrose and “Lusty Biter” also have been so extremely awesome and kick ass in my life. I wouldn’t know what I would do without them. Like the song says, I would walk across the fire for them. Celebrity-wise?? Maybe Céline Dion, Tom Hanks, Deborah Gibson, and a few others. But my focus wouldn’t really be on celebrity type people. It would be more towards the people that have made a HUGE impact to my life in some way personally.
8. What is your passion in life? Music. It always has been. Always will be.
9. If there is one thing you could say to your 13 year old self, what would it be? I will tell the 13 year old self that things are about to get really shitty for a while, but hang on because it won’t last forever.
10. What bores you to tears? Golf, soap operas, and watching people make the same freaking mistakes over and over and over and over again without ever learning to stop doing that.
My personal nominations for this award go to:
Sense So Common
Venus Knows Best
A Redhead’s Guide
The ten question that I personally would ask are the following:
- What is the most common thing you daydream about?
- What is your top 3 short term goals in life (up to the next 10 years)
- What would you say is your greatest personal achievement?
- If you could have one “super power” what would it be and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you are having a Hollywood style party name your top five VIP guests:
- If you could plan your last meal, what would you eat and/or drink?
- What is your favorite smell?
- If blogging was not available, what would you be doing in your spare time instead?
- When is your birthday?
For those ten who I have been given a nomination:
Rules! Should you decide to accept the challenge, follow these please:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. (Seen above in bold.)
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Personally I thought this was kind of fun. I don’t know when or if ever I’ll win or not win. But I guess we’ll find out. I am proud of the work here and I continue to keep everything going the way things were.
Until next time!!!!!