“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”~ Steve Martin
Well ladies and gentlemen, subscribers and readers: CHECK THIS OUT!
I just received my SECOND nomination for an award to my blog. Isn’t that just something else??
I was going through my blogs that I personally am subscribed to and over at “A Redhead’s Guide” was my name among the list of the next possible recipients.
Andrea is gorgeous, funny, and freakin’ elusive.
If you wanna go check out her blog:
So the rules of the Sunshine Award are as follows:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine into the world.
4. Come up with your own 11 questions to ask them!
So here are 11 random facts about the one and only Dambreaker:
#1- I live in Austin, Texas. Which is currently hosting the annual SXSW Festival. If you hang out this week over on Historic Sixth Street, you’re going to find me rolling around! Ending this coming Sunday to see CASKET OF CASSANDRA over at Dirty Dog Bar.
#2- I’ve never been married. Engaged a time or two but never made it to the altar. Thankfully!
#3- I once owned an Emperor scorpion as a pet. But it died of dehydration because I had no knowledge of how to give it water and was pretty much afraid of getting attacked by it. Oops!
#4- I have a select number of people who are actors/actresses/musicians/singers and their cell phone numbers stored in my own cell phone. Basically what common society call “celebrities.”
#5- I’ve written over 125,000 different pieces of poetry in my entire lifetime. None of it published.
#6- I have always wanted to write a screen play that would be turned into a big successful film.
#7- I write my own erotic stories. But they are for my own personal use and not for public domain.
#8- Once I like something and begin a fond interest in it, I never shut up and I never back down. I am FREE advertising for anyone or anything.
#9- The “Friend Zone” is a very ridiculous invention of someone that I think has had boundary issues. All people would be considered to be in the Friend Zone without it being a THING until they are no longer in that zone. And that is up to two people and those two people to decide. Period.
#10- “Bitch” is never a word I use to describe someone.
#11- Having this blog has changed my life in so many different ways that I cannot begin to count them all. I am very blessed.
Now for the questions asked of me:
1. Do you like to cook? What is your favorite dish to make, and do you just make it up or do you follow recipes? I am what you may call a dump cook. Other than that, my bachelorisms come out pretty bad and its microwave time.
2. Cats or dogs? I grew up as a teenager with both. But I am going to say dog, I think??
3. If you could pick any place in the world to live, where would it be and why? I think that I would wanna live close to the water. I’ve been in every other climate and landscape but near the water. And in my short eight months in New England, I couldn’t get out as much to the ocean as I would’ve liked.
4. Are you a parent? Do you want to have (more) kids? No, I am not a parent. I am however an uncle and I know that’s not really the same thing. But I would love to have children. If I don’t, that’s okay too.
5. Porch swing or hammock? Porch Swing.
6. Margarita or wine? Or do you prefer the brew? I do not normally consume alcohol. It is just a choice I made years ago both for health and financial.
7. What’s your favorite Tom Hanks movie? We all have one! Good grief, where do I start?!?!?!??????
8. The greatest lesson about life you’ve ever learned? Even if it’s as simple as how to hang the toilet paper on the roll. I am still learning. Get back to me on that. But don’t go anywhere so you don’t lose sight of me.
9. What’s your favorite quote? My own that I coined myself….. “Friends are like roses. Precious when you find them. But if you hold on too tightly to them, you will bleed.”
10. Favorite color? I have several. Dang it! Black, Silver, Teal to begin with.
11. If you won the lottery, how would you spend it? Charity? Family? Jet skis and fancy cars? I’m not going to say but I promise you that I will blog about it AFTER the fact. But I probably wouldn’t be spending too much and be holding on to some of it. Anything more than that, you’re just out of luck on that one.
Now for those whom I am going to nominate:
Not A Redhead
Head Full Of Red
YOU’RE JUST A DUMBASS
Hope*the happy hugger
Oldest Daughter & Redheaded Sister
Writer B is Me
Coco J. Ginger Says
#1- Who is your role model (dead or alive)?
#2- If you could have your choice, would you live in peace and solitude or with an entourage?
#3- Would you describe your first ever date a success or just a learning experience?
#4- Are you someone that can survive an entire Monday without coffee or are you someone who will have a criminal record if you attempt to function without it?
#5- Fruits or veggies? (Can only choose one or the other. Not both.)
#6- If you could re-live only one moment in your life (so far) at any time that you wished, what would that moment be?
#7- If you were given an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere you want, where would you go?
#8- Describe yourself using only four words:
#9- Have you ever had an experience where you honestly believed that your dreams had come true?
#10- What would be your one and only super power?
#11- List any and all nicknames that you were given growing up and which one is your favorite still?